Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mini Pizzas

A fast and fun dinner--your kids can help you make it. And they can "personalize" their own pizzas to their liking. It's a good way to use up your leftover hamburger buns.

8 Hamburger buns or english muffins (I prefer the hamburger buns because it makes for a softer crust)
Spaghetti sauce
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Shredded Jack cheese
Pizza toppings such as:
Pepperoni
Mushrooms
Onions
Ham
Pineapple

On a cookie sheet or pizza pan arrange the hamburger buns or english muffins (1 bun = 2 mini pizzas) Spread spaghetti sauce on bun. Top with favorite pizza toppings and then with cheese (the Jack cheese helps it all stay together). Bake at 375 until cheese is melted. Serve with salad and fruit.

1 comment:

The Queen said...

Thanks so much for this recipe!!! I have 2 girls plus I babysit in my home. Today my youngest said she wanted pizza for lunch, all the other kids agreed. But some wanted pepperoni, some just cheese. So I remembered making these using a hamburger bun a long time ago. I did a search online, after looking at many sites that were not what I was looking for, I ran across yours and it was exactly what I was looking for, THANKS! The kids loved getting to make their own little pizzas and they loved the taste too!

Oh and I was thrilled to see all the great ideas on the Kraft link you had on your side bar :) Can't wait to have more time on my hands to look through your site and the Kraft one for more great dinner ideas !