Friday, October 26, 2007

Pumpkin Pancakes

This was a fun fall breakfast. I made this on a weekend when Parker was home because its a little more time consuming than regular pancakes. It made some extra for our family so I put it in the fridge and we ate them for the rest of the week (heated them in the toaster or microwave). Lark

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 Cups Flour
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 ½ Cup Milk
4 Eggs, Separated
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
¼ Cup melted butter

Sift together dry ingredients. Combine milk, egg yolks, syrup, butter and pumpkin puree. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter. Pour onto hot, oiled griddle, about 1/3 cup at a time. Cook until tops bubble, turn, and cook other side. Serve with maple syrup or whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

You have a recipe blog and I didn't know it???????? Why didn't you tell me??????? I totally just found it now! That's the problem with reading my blogs via google reader. Then I don't actually visit the actual blog itself. I just happened to come take a peek today for whatever reason, and I see this! Fabulous!

These look scrumptious by the way, I should try them!

Kerry said...

Ok, now I feel dumb. Iwas leaving this comment for Lark, and didn't read on to see that it isn't just hers. I do love recipes though, so i will be checking it out! Thanks!