Monday, March 19, 2007

Microwaved Salmon and Yogurt Sauce

When I saw this recipe I didn't think it would work to microwave the fish but it actually turns out great. It is nice for me because I don't have a hood on my oven and this makes less of a fish smell after dinner. And it is really quick. I served it with Lark's lemon rice and a green vegetable. Paige

Salmon:
1 Tbs. chopped fresh ginger (I used dry spice but less than a Tbs.)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp curry powder
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 1/2 lbs salmon filet, cut into 4 pieces.

Sauce:
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
3 Tbs fresh chopped mint
1 Tbs olive oil
2 tsp fresh minced onion, shallot or scallion
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

1. Sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt and the rest of the sauce ingredients. Cover and refigerate until ready to serve.
2. Salmon: In a small bowl, mix together ginger, garlic, curry powder, lemon juice, paprika, salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Place salmon in a microwave-safe baking dish. Spread ginger-curry mixture over salmon.
3. Cover with plastic wrap, venting in one corner. Microwave on High for 5 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes.
4. Slip thin spatula underneath skin and lift salmon off; serve salmon with yogurt sauce on the side.

No comments: